Do you know what your children are viewing on their Smartphones? If you don’t, then you need to make yourself aware of the dangers of your children using unfiltered internet access, whether at home or on mobile devices. A mobile parental filter will give you the tools that you need to monitor and place a parental lock on websites or the ability to control mobile devices remotely when necessary.
Mobile Parental Filter
Parental software allows you to filter the content that is being viewed by your children, allowing you to block porn sites, mature sites and sites that contain profanity and violence. However, filters are not the only safety net that you can provide for your children’s internet browsing when using their mobile devices.
Parent apps give you a wide range of options when setting up your children’s mobile devices, with options for age, location detection, e-mail and text monitoring and the ability to monitor their social media usage, as well as basic filtering of web content.
Children may see this as invading their privacy, but these tools help you keep track of your kids, as well as what they are doing and whom they are in contact with. This will give you the peace of mind that they are not viewing material that is not suitable for them.
The best of these parental software packages operate in the background but show an icon that indicates they are being monitored. The software operates in the background monitoring their activities and will alarm you if any of the parameters that you have set are being crossed. This is an especially useful feature when using GEO Tracking with set parameters regarding location.
Parental monitoring software
There are many apps for parents to use for parental monitoring on the market. Software apps for parents, like Mobile Spy, PhoneSheriff, and mSpy, give you parental control of your children’s phones, keeping them safe from viewing pornography and interacting on websites that are too mature for their viewing.
These mobile parental filters give you the option of performing the following tasks are not only compatible with smartphones using the Android operating system; they are also parental apps for iPhone use.
Parental lock Features
The above-mentioned parent apps have many features to give you control of your children’s mobile device use. The applications not only work for Smartphones they can also be installed on tablets and iPads.
- Call and text message filtering allows you to pick and choose the phone numbers that can be received on a mobile phone, as well as who it can call and text.
- Call Logs – will let you know who your child has been talking to, the number of calls that they have made and for how long they talk.
- Track Text Messages – including the content of each message, whether the message is incoming or outgoing, the sender and recipient of the text and the date and time of the message.
- Read E-Mails – including the content of incoming and outgoing e-mails, date and time, and the name and contact information of the sender and recipient.
- GPS location tracking – will enable you to know the exact location of your child at all times, using maps that also show the route history over a specified period.
- GPS Tracking – will identify the location of your child even when GPS is not available when using mSpy.
- Geo-Fencing – on mSpy also lets you set a virtual barrier using the GPS. You can set areas that are allowed or forbidden and if your child wanders from the zones that you allow them to be in, you will receive a notification.
- Time Restrictions – allow you to set a specified time that the web browser on a mobile device can be used. This feature will help you keep your children focused on homework instead of browsing the web and entertaining themselves on social network sites.
- Track Website history – See the URLs of visited websites, and the sites that have been accessed, and you can then analyze the information remotely from your control panel with mSpy.
- Wipeout Controls – All of the mentioned parent apps allow you to wipe any personal data from the mobile device in the event that it is stolen.
- Download Monitor – You will have the ability to see what apps are downloaded to your children’s phones or you can lock their mobile device from receiving downloads.
- Monitor Photos – You can monitor the photos that your children have taken with their mobile devices.
Having the ability to monitor the activities of your children’s mobile devices from anywhere can protect them from the dangers that they can face while away from your protection. Parental monitoring can help you teach your children responsible use of their mobile devices, as you can remove filters and controls as they become responsible when surfing the internet, texting and using social media. By monitoring the activities and location of your children, you will know that they are safe and they will know that you are keeping a watchful eye on their behaviours.
All of the mentioned software has GPS tracking and remote parental controls but features vary slightly for every parental control application. You will need to review the products to find the one that is best suited for your use. No matter which application you choose, you will know that you are doing all that you can do to keep your children protected from their own curious minds, as well as keeping them safe from those who would steal their identity or their innocence.
Choose your App
Whether you merely want to filter websites for your children or want full featured parental monitoring software, any of the above software applications will work and there are others like them on the market. Adding these tools to your children’s mobile devices will give you a great deal of control over your children’s texts, calls, internet browsing and location and will give you peace of mind regarding their mobile activities.